Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Our day together

Our first 18 hours together consisted mostly of Hudson Muse sleeping, eating, or pooping (sorry if that is too much information for some of you).  He definitely has had some kind of cold or virus.  He had an appointment at the US Embassy this morning to have blood drawn, which he was a trooper for, but not my ideal way of spending our first morning together.

After his afternoon nap, he was awake and alert and played for a few hours.  I got to see him smile and experienced more of his personality.  He loves his bottle and kisses, he likes to be held, and stacking cups are his favorite toys.  I kissed his forehead a few times and if I stopped, he would move his forehead towards my lips for more kisses.  I think he is on the mends from his virus and I am so glad that I was able to come here early to be with him.  Thanks to family and friends for helping make this possible, and for our agency's support in this decision as well.   We have plans to spend Thanksgiving with some of my uncle's colleagues from the US Embassy, then my parents arrive tomorrow night.

2 comments:

marian and don said...

What a great Thanksgiving praise!!! It so wonderful to see you holding this precious gift. Kiss his head a few dozen times for me. We'll continue praying as well as thinking about you. It is awesome that we can see this miracle unfolding. Thanks for the posts. Lots of love Marian and don

Unknown said...

What a blessing and joyful time! God is so good. It's so special to have Tom there with you. This is a Thanksgiving you will all remember forever. Our prayers will continue. We love you all so much! Jan and Bill