Sunday, November 22, 2009

Change in plans

We've been planning and preparing for me to leave for Ethiopia this Wednesday to meet Hudson and bring him home. We got a phone call yesterday that he was very sick and in the hospital. My uncle (who lives in Addis) was able to check on him and it turns out that it is just a severe cold and he is back at the orphanage. Colds aren't too big of a deal, but when you add that to a child with a heart condition and a weak immune system, its not a good combination. After much thought and prayer, Paul and I have decided that I should get to Ethiopia as soon as possible to be with Hudson. We really couldn't think of any reason why I shouldn't try to go early, and there are plenty more reasons why I should.

So I'm leaving Sunday night and will arrive in Ethiopia on Tuesday morning. Hudson will be in my arms that afternoon. My parents will join me in Ethiopia on Thursday, as we had originally planned our flights. We'll return home with Hudson on December 5.

We'd appreciate your continued thoughts and prayers:

-For Hudson to stay healthy and strong
-For smooth travel
-For Hudson's transition and attachment to us
-For Paul and Belachew while I am gone

3 comments:

Mama 2 Four said...

We will be praying for all of you!
I did not know that you had a blog.
I am glad I finally found out, and will be checking in often!

Jodi Queenan Artist copyright 2011 said...

I will pray for you while you are gone..... I think it is nice that your uncle is in Ethiopia.....

AnnMarie & Nick said...

So glad you are on your way to meet your little guy. Thinking and praying for your family.