Thursday, November 26, 2009

An EthiopianThanksgiving...and much to be thankful for

We had Thanksgiving dinner tonight with several American and African families, most of whom work for the Center for Disease Control, World Health Organization, World Bank, or Peace Corp. It was fun to meet so many Americans living in Ethiopia and to celebrate this Thanksgiving day together. We had turkey and all the trimmings- even pumpkin pie and cheesecake for dessert.

I've had many people tell me what a great thing it is that we are adopting Muse and how lucky he is. But the truth is, we are so blessed to be his parents (and Belachew's) and humbled at the opportunity to raise these boys. So on this Thanksgiving day, I am thankful for many things- my faith, my husband, family, friends, community, but I am especially thankful for the newest member of our family, Hudson Muse. For this little life that God created, sustained, and is entrusting us with.

My uncle did manage to get a turkey that was shipped from Kenya and currently thawing, that we will enjoy with my parents this weekend.

Hudson is still sick (not much of an appetite, temperature, spitting up, diarrhea), but we have him on antibiotics and hope he starts feeling better soon.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: