Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My senators and representatives

Do you ever write your state senators or representatives? I do, probably every month. They are representing me, so I want them to know what is on my heart. There are some websites that make it very easy to send emails to your representatives on various issues. I typically write on issues related to social justice such as malaria, HIV/AIDS, bringing peace to Northern Uganda, Sudan, and Eastern Congo (DRC), debt cancellation for developing countries, and human trafficking. There are several websites with information on these issues, and how to contact your representatives. It is so easy- you just type in your zip code and it will automatically look up your representatives. There are emails already created to send to your representatives, you just need to sign your name (and you can add a personal note if you'd like) and click send. Here are some websites that I have found helpful:

www.seekjustice.org




I have received several responses to emails I have sent. I even got a letter from the White House once. If there are any social justice issues that touch your heart, make sure to let our political decision makers know.

"Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked." Psalm 82:3-4

No comments: