Monday, April 27, 2009

We're stuck together

While we were waiting to bring Belachew home, I researched and talked to some friends about baby-wearing. I knew that lots of holding time was good for bonding and that holding Belachew in a baby carrier could be good for his attachment. He wasn't too interested in any sort of baby carrying when we first brought him home, he justed wanted to be held in our arms. I've been hunting down my baby carriers, getting ready for our new baby. Belachew noticed one the other week and wanted to be carried in it most of the day. He kept laughing and smiling and would say "We're stuck together!" He'd stare at my face, stroke my cheek with his hand, and snuggle into my chest. Although I had many things to do that day, I enjoyed every second of our bonding, thinking back to the first day we met and how far we've come since then. As he grows up, I want to remember these moments, when he wanted nothing more to be in my arms. We had a playdate with a friend last week to try a different style of carrier and had fun being "stuck together" again.



1 comment:

AnnMarie & Nick said...

Love the pictures! It's so cute he let you wear him around. The only wearing around Geremu will allow me to do is when he tries climbing into my big workout pants while I'm in them(I wish I was kidding).