Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Back home

We had a great time in St. Louis. Kenyon is a great traveller and did fine in the car for 4 hours. He adjusted well to a new bed, new schedule, and meeting new people. He had a lot of fun playing with his cousins. We went to the zoo, met family and friends, and attended a welcome home party/shower that my sister and sister-in-law threw for us. We also went to my parents' lake house. Growing up, I spent many summer weekends at this lakehouse and I want my children to have memories of the lake as well. Kenyon loved it and the first thing he said when he woke up from his nap was "Grandpa's boat again."

We can tell that Kenyon has not become too "Americanized" yet. Paul and I were talking in the car deciding where we should stop for a restroom break and one of us mentioned McDonald's. Kenyon's response was "E-I-E-I-O?" The only McDonald's this kid knows is the one who owns a farm. Which by the way, is his new favorite song. He also likes the Hokey Pokey, but Old McDonald is sung all day long. He is continuing to pick up English and amazes us with his language skills and understanding. A car pulled up behind us at a stoplight and Kenyon looked back and said "careful." One day, he woke up from his nap and was a little grumpy. I said, "You sure are grumpy today," and he looked at me and said "wah, wah, wah."

Kenyon will get to see both sets of grandparents this weekend, as they are both coming to town to celebrate his birthday, which is on August 13.

Here are a few pictures our time in St. Louis. One of these days, I hope to include a family picture, as soon as I can get out from behind the camera.


At the St. Louis zoo

Checking out the lake


Driving Grandpa's boat

No comments: