Thursday, August 28, 2008

And we're off...

to Wisconsin tomorrow to see Geremu and his family! We are so excited and can't wait to see these boys together. We had to stop talking about it this week, because everytime Belachew got in the car, he asked if we were going to see Geremu.

We've had a good week. We started our week with a trip to an Ethiopian grocery store to visit with the owner. We usually go a few times a month. We enjoy the family that owns the store and they have been helping us learn more Amharic. Belachew is a fan of their mango juice. Next door to the grocery store, there is a clothing store owned by a Zimbabwean family that we enjoy visiting with as well. We've had a few playdates at the park this week, and we also signed Kenyon and I up for a parent/toddler gymnastics class that will start next week. When we registered, I asked if the class came with a guarantee that my child would take a good nap afterwards. I am always looking for ways to burn energy! Some of our friends will be in this class with us and I think Kenyon is going to really enjoy it.

Kenyon loves music and he loves to sing and dance. The other day, he started singing "Jesus loves me," out of nowhere. I sing this to him at night sometimes, but he never sang it with me until this week. He loves to sing and if he doesn't know the words to a song, he'll just mouth it. He is learning his numbers as well and can count to ten in English and Amharic. He likes the number 7 and often skips 6 just to get to 7 faster.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Where are y'all taking the gymnastics class? I'd like to do something like that with Becca. You can email me with the answer is you don't want to mention it on here.

AnnMarie & Nick said...

We can't wait to see you, Wisconsin or BUST!!!

Coffeybunny said...

Cindy,
I was so excited to see that you'd gone to visit Geremu. It's wonderful you're helping them keep their bond. I wish I could have seen it, and my SJ too.
His hair is growing, it's beautiful!
Check out our blog, maybe Belachew will enjoy seeing Sehynesh like she enjoys seeing him.
Cynthia

Ryan and Kate said...

What fun! It sounds like you definatley have your hands full and are embracing the challenges! I'm sure this is such a fun age to be parenting - you'll have to make sure to keep those parenting tips handy...I'll be needing them!
Love, K