Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Picking up my paint brush

Since our adoption of our baby is not legal yet, I can not go into too many details here. But I do want to share that the last few days have been hard. We first learned last week of a delay in our adoption process, with no certainty of when the issue will be resolved. Then last night we got a message that our baby was sick. Thankfully, he has since been discharged from the hospital and is stable.

We've had friends and strangers praying for us, which we greatly appreciate. We also have felt a sense of confidence and strength, knowing that this baby is worth waiting for and worth fighting for. We are not giving up hope and are trusting that God has a plan for this baby's life.

The past couple nights, after I've shed some tears, I've picked up my paint brush and have been working on getting his nursery ready. Although it may not make sense, and I definitely have other things I should be doing around the house, this small act makes me feel better. I am painting in confidence, that one day this room with be filled with our sweet baby boy, who from the moment I heard his story, I knew in my heart that he was to be our son. I am painting in faith, praying as I do so, and knowing that God has a plan for us. I am painting in hope, that tomorrow is a new day and that good news will come. And next week, we are setting up a crib, another act of hope and faith. Little by little, we will continue to prepare our hearts and homes for this baby and someday, we will have an amazing story to share.

No comments: