Monday, September 22, 2008

A day of firsts

Today was a day of "firsts." We started off our day with a not so fun first...a visit to the doctor's office for immunizations. Kenyon did not have any record of immunizations from Ethiopia, so we are catching him up. He was not a fan of the needles (what kid is?), but he was a trooper and told the doctor and nurse "thank you" afterwards. After lunch and nap, we decided to take Kenyon on his first horse ride. He loves horses- he has a horse video, horse books, and horse figurines. But this was his first time to touch and ride a horse. A local park offers pony rides, so we decided to try it. Kenyon was a little unsure at first, but quickly warmed up to his pony "Strawberry" and enjoyed his ride. He gave Strawberry a kiss at the end of our time and thanked her for the ride.

Recovering from immunizations (Band-aids covering where he got his shots)

Kenyon Belachew and Strawberry the pony



One happy boy!

4 comments:

Coffeybunny said...

I'm so touched to see B so happy. You are obviously terrific parents! B was with my daughter at the Care Center and B sat in my lap for books and cuddles. I'll never forget that.

AnnMarie & Nick said...

What a fun day, minus the shots. I can't believe how much bigger he looks in these pictures, it's only been a few weeks since we met him and he seems to have grown.

Unknown said...

AHhh, so fun to see your blog! I can't wait to catch up with you from here-- it is so much easier than real life. Is that sad or what?
I was thinking about you the other day- I have a picture of us in my guest room- and wishing I got to see you more! More than never! :)

T said...

At least he got some cool band-aids! :-)

Let us know when you go riding again. Crew may be up for it after all.