Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Big News!

REFERRAL! We got matched with a beautiful 2 1/2 year old boy on Saturday. On Friday afternoon, I called our social worker, asking if there was any news or updates. She didn't have much information to share. Friday night, Paul and I were at an art opening and my phone rang at 9:13PM. I was in the middle of a conversation, so I decided not to answer. We left at 10:30PM and I checked my voicemail. There was a message from our social worker saying she was trying to reach us. I said, "Paul, this is it." He wanted to know how I knew. I told him that a social worker would not call us on a Friday night unless it was big news.

We couldn't reach her Friday, so needless to say I had a sleepless night. Was it the referral call? Was it a boy or a girl, a 2 year old or a 4 year old? I finally was able to talk to our social worker Saturday morning. Our son is named Belachew, which means "say something to them." We will keep this name as his middle name and give him the first name Kenyon, after my mom's maiden name.

He is adorable and we couldn't be happier. We will travel to Ethiopia in 2-3 months to meet him and bring him home with us. I can not post his picture until our case is approved in Ethiopian court.

Oh, and our social worker said that she did not know when I had talked to her earlier on Friday. She had gotten several emails from Ethiopia that day and had not been able to read them all yet.

1 comment:

cathy said...

I am so excited for you guys! It is thrilling to watch other families welcome older boys into their lives. I can hardly wait till you get him home.